Our Process - "step by step"
Design/build firms should follow a logical process in the design and estimating of a complex project. Our goal is to create the renovation you want... on time and within your budget. Below is our approach to our process.
Discuss client’s project / Dureiko Construction presentation / Can Dureiko help with their project, is there a fit between us both? (30-60minutes – no charge)
Step 1 - Design Meetings are held if you decide to move forward with Dureiko
Move forward with our design/build process (approximately 1-2 hours)
1. Sign our design/build agreement - commit to design and costing only at this time.
2. Obtain retainer fee from client (which will be applied towards job once signed)
3. Take pictures of job site* *( At this meeting or soon after)
4. Take measurements*
5. Gather information from client on their project (photos and other info)*
6. Give the client homework
• Have them think about their project and have questions for the next meeting
• Have them look at publications for ideas www.houzz.com
• Have client check out our web site at www.dureiko.com
7. Drop off or mail to the client
• Questionnaire - Client to fill out and mail back to us
• Product selection sheet
8. Schedule next meeting within 3 weeks
Review design concepts and budget and make comments (approximately 1 – 2 hours)
1. Drawings will be presented to express design concepts for owners to visualize design
intent. Drawings may include floor plans exterior views, interior views, interior overviews
and or interior picture views as needed to express and confirm design concept
2. A preliminary budget may be provided based on the design concept presented.
3. At the end of the presentation the client(s) will review and comment.
4. Details and products ,that are available by this meeting, along with allowances are
confirmed and established as needed to generate a written proposal to be presented
at the 3rd meeting.
Review designs and contract and decide whether or not to move forward with Dureiko Construction. If we move forward:
1. Final concept plans are presented to reflect the clients comments and product selections
from meeting #2.
2. A detailed written proposal will be presented based on the project design and
specifications established in meeting #2. Cost to complete construction plans ready
for permit approval and generate needed documents will be included
in the total project cost. Plans for permits and construction
will be completed after acceptance of a construction contract.
3. Move forward – sign contract documents in meeting #3, present client with their binder.
Credit the retainer fee for preparing preliminary plans, specifications against final cost
of the project.
Step 2 - Work with client
Work with client to make final product selections and to finalize plan details.
Step 3 - Documents and Schedules
-Generate all construction documents and schedules for trades and Client.
- Order materials.
-Hold a pre construction meeting with the client.
-Begin the project!!